Are you looking for some great recipe ideas to create and enjoy during the big football game? Well Del Monte® has added some kick to its Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes that we think will make you the champion of your next gathering. The two new varieties include:
* Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
* Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
Del Monte canned tomatoes, fruits and vegetables contain the same essential nutrients as fresh varieties. The majority of Del Monte products are picked at the peak of ripeness and canned on the same day, to ensure nutrients and flavor are locked in.
The new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes are the perfect way to spice up main dishes and snacking recipes. One delicious example is this recipe that appears right on the can of Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chiles:
Del Monte Santa Fe Chicken Quesadillas
1 can (14.5 oz) Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chiles, well drained.
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
3 teaspoons fresh cilantro (optional)
4 (7 to 8 inch) plain or flavored tortillas
1. Spray an unheated 10-inch skillet or griddle with nonstick spray coating.
2. Stir together 1 cup tomatoes, chicken, cheese, and cilantro. Spoon 1/6th of the mixture over half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half pressing gently.
3. Cook in skillet or griddle over medium heat 1 minute per side or until lightly browned. Garnish with remaining tomatoes and guacamole if desired.
Sounds like an excellent addition to your Super Bowl Party now doesn’t it? I served it to Mr. Thrifty last night and he not only loved it but wanted to know when I would be fixing it again.
To help inspire creativity in the kitchen, Del Monte is also launching the “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes,” on Pinterest which will give you a chance to share entertaining tips and recipes, featuring the new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut® Diced Tomato varieties.
One lucky winner will take home an exciting entertainment package including: a Sony® 55” LED TV, Bose® home theater system and Sony® Blu-ray player (ARV $4,779.00 USD).
Here is how to get started:
* Follow the Del Monte Brand on Pinterest
* Create a Pinterest board named “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off”
* Pin at least two (2) Del Monte Tomato Recipes from the “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off” * Pinterest board and at least two (2) football entertaining ideas
* Register your Pinterest board to the Del Monte page from January 21st through February 15th to be entered into the Del Monte® Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes program
* Get ready for a chance to win one of the many prizes available, including an ultimate entertainment package with a Sony® 55” LED TV, Bose® home theater system and Sony® Blu-ray player (ARV $4,779.00 USD).
Ah but that’s not all. The wonderful people at Del Monte are going to give one Thrifty Maven reader a prize that consists of the following:
* Two (2) cans of Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut® Diced Tomato varieties
– (1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
– (1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
* A $25 gift card to purchase other meal idea items
How can you win? Well that’s very simple. Simply use the Rafflecopter entry form below.
Here are some links that will help you with some learn more about Delmonte including delicious recipe ideas and more:
Disclaimer: In keeping with the FTC 16 CFR Part 255 I would like to inform you that I received no financial compensation for this post. I received received the product, gift card, and giveaway from Del Monte, for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way.