You’ve heard that opposites attract and I believe that’s true. Some might call me wild and I’m inclined to agree. For example, I have shown up to class dressed like a cow I did a stand-up act at a comedy club in DC, and another time auditioned for a music video. These are just a few of the wild and crazy things I have done over the years. I am definitely more adventurous.
Mr. Thrifty on the other hand is more responsible and level headed. While he loves to try new things, he certainly doesn’t want to look foolish.
One thing we do have in common is great taste, that’s why we chose each other. Maybe that’s why I was so excited about the NEW Wild or Mild menu at Chili’s because just like us, each of these entrees has great taste.
This past weekend Mr. Thrifty and I visited our local Chili’s in Rome, Georgia to sample Chili’s menu to review Chili’s new Wild or Mild menu. Trust me we were not to be disappointed. These new menu items include Kicked-Up Queso, Blazin’ Big Mouth Bites, Jalapeno Chicken Quesadillas, Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas, Crispy Honey-Chipotle Chicken Crispers, and Sweet Maple BBQ Chicken Crispers.
We began our meal with the Kicked-Up Queso. I know I told you this before but it bears repeating. Chili’s has the very best chips ever. When you add the Kicked-up Queso it’s hard to just have “ just a few”. You’ll want to eat every last chip and I certainly wouldn’t blame you.
The “Kicked-Up Queso” is spiked with chipotle spice, pico de gallo and roasted jalapeños. If you like it mild then order their Skillet Queso which is a very tasty melted cheese dip with seasoned ground beef.
Mr. Thrifty ordered the wild “Blazin’ Big Mouth Bites” which features four peppercorn-crusted mini burgers with jalapeño mayonnaise, jalapeño peppers and American cheese. It is served with crispy onion strings, fries and a side of ranch dressing. Looking for something a bit less wild? Try the Big Mouth Bites – four mini burgers with layers of flavor – applewood smoked bacon, American cheese, sautéed onions and ranch dressing. Served with crispy onion strings, homestyle fries and a side of ranch dressing.
After much thought, I decided to try the Jalapeño Chicken Quesadillas which is stuffed with onions, peppers, jalapeño seasoning and jalapeño jack cheese and served with sour cream, pico de gallo and ancho ranch dressing. Looking for something with less kick? Try the Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas – with applewood smoked bacon and cheese. Served with sour cream, house-made pico de gallo and salsa-ranch dressing.
Our server was just plain awesome. He was attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu. While I’m on the subject of service, let me mention how great the management is there. They seem to make it a point to see how your experience has been and for me that’s definitely a plus.
So what did we think of the NEW Wild Or Mild Menu at Chili’s? With choices that will thrill both those who like their food a little on the wild side while pleasing those who like their meals on mild side, I certainly would be remiss if I didn’t give it Three blazin’ and sweet Kicked-up snaps!
To celebrate the Wild or Mild menu, Chili’s has launched the “Shout Out To Eat Out – Wild or Mild” Sweepstakes. There will be two winners. One Grand Prize Winner will receive: 1 “Wild” Las Vegas Prize Vacation Package for four (ARV $4,000) and One Grand Prize Winner will receive: 1 “Mild” Walk Disney Prize Vacation Package for four. (ARV $4,000)
To enter, participants upload a head shot of themselves and create a wild or mild avatar on shoutouttoeatout.com. Each and every day one person will WIN a $20 Chili’s Gift Card. This contest ends April 30, 2011. This contest is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States and are 18 years or older at the time of entry.
Before you head over to shoutouttoeatout.com why not enter to win a $20 Chili’s gift card from ThriftyMaven.com from Chili’s. That’s right we’re giving away a $20 gift card too and it’s easy to win. Just tell me which new menu item you’d most like to try? Is it walks on the wild side or maybe you’re in the mood for something mild? Either way you won’t be disappointed. Just let us know in the comment section for your chance to WIN.
This giveaway will begin on February 18, 2011, and ends on February 27, 2011 at 11:59 PM ET. You MUST leave a separate comment for each entry you wish to make. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winner will be chosen by random.org. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond. Once I have received a response from the winner’s the name of the winner will be posted here.
Looking for other ways to enter our giveaway?
1. If you are a member of the ThriftyMaven community then simply post the following comment: “I am a member of the ThriftyMaven community & I really want to WIN a $20 Chili’s Gift Card” (You can enter this way once each day.)
2. Not a member yet? It’s easy to join. Simply sign up to receive our Maven Moments. I promise I won’t overwhelm you with emails. Let us know that you are now a member in the comment section.
3. Twitter about this giveaway. Simply Tweet “Enter to WIN an A $20 Chili’s Gift Card on ThriftyMaven.com. (You can enter this way EVERY DAY. Just let us know by submitting the link for your tweet.)
4. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog. Come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this. (Let us know that you did that by posting the link to your blog. Make sure you do this five times so you can get five separate entries into our giveaway)
5. Not following us on Twitter? Why not change that and earn an entry in our giveaway. We will also follow you in return. Let us know that you are following us on Twitter and you have a new entry into our giveaway. (You can enter this way one time)
6. Add my button to your site and let me know that you did. (You can enter this way one time)
7. Finally why not become a fan? Head on over to Facebook and “Like” us at Facebook. Leave us a comment below to tell us you’ve joined us on Facebook. (You can enter this way one time.)
In keeping with the FTC rules I would like to inform you that I received no financial compensation for this post. The people at Chili’s have provided me with an A $20 Chili’s Gift Card described above agreed to will also be supply an A $20 Chili’s Gift Card for one of my readers. The opinions expressed in this post are my own.