Back in April I talked to you about Slobproof line of family and pet-friendly furniture featured in the New York Times. If you have children, pets, and husbands, you will be happy to learn that Slobproof will launch a new line of indestructible end tables and coffee tables. In addition, Slobproof! announces that it is designing and licensing a new line of area rugs for Surya Rugs (www.surya.com). After its successful launch at the March 2010 Architectural Digest Home Show in New York City, the brand is expanding to become the one-stop home design source for consumers with kids, pets and, well, slobs.
“I’m just doing what comes naturally when you live with two teenage boys, a dog prone to ‘accidents’ and a really sloppy husband and it seems to really resonate with consumers. The emails and phone calls have been overwhelming so I guess there must be a lot of slobs out there!”, said Debbie Wiener, the designer behind Slobproof! and author of the top-selling design book, Slobproof! Real Life Design Solutions (Alpha/Penguin books). “Now, in addition to the Slobproof! with Crypton seating collection, we’ll have coordinating rugs from Surya and tables that are equally stylish, affordable and durable.”
The seating line, which can be purchased at www.slobproof.com, is made with a softer, suppler version of Crypton fabric- the nearly impenetrable material made from fibers encapsulated in a moisture-proof barrier. Popular in hotels and other institutional settings, Wiener developed her Crypton-covered seating line for dorm rooms, family rooms and any room where there’s likely to be a mess. This kid-friendly, pet-friendly furniture line includes sofas, sleeper sofas, ottomans, arm chairs and dining room chairs, and will soon include Wiener’s end tables, coffee tables and rugs.
Slobproof Furniture is designed for real life. It’s clean: Unlike applied coatings or topical treatments, Crypton’s protective technology is engineered right into the fabric itself, encapsulating every fiber with a permanent moisture barrier that never stops working. This barrier is stain, odor and microbe resistant, and also prevents fluids, mold, mildew and debris from ever penetrating the surface, making it an ideal fabric for home furniture. Stains simply wipe away. See our video at www.slobproof.com. The Slobproof! With Crypton furniture line requires no special cleaners—just clean up any spills or accidents with warm water and a little dish detergent.
It’s disinfectable: Crypton is the only disinfectable fabric system approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). When used in conjunction with Crypton’s Disinfectant & Deodorizer, the system eliminates common household germs. The fabric is manufactured in the United States in a green facility using the company’s exacting and award-winning environmental standards.
It’s affordable: Luxury and affordability go hand-in-hand with the Slobproof! with Crypton Furniture line. Fully upholstered dining room chairs are available at $490 and up and sofas start at $1,399.
For more information on Slobproof! and the Slobproof! with Crypton seating collection, please visit www. slobproof.com.
The people at Slobproof are offering to provide one of my readers a FREE copy of Debbie Wiener’s Book Slob Proof! Real-Life Home Decorating Solutions.
How would you like to be our winner? Of course you would.
Tell me who the Slob in your life is. That’s it. You can enter this way once each day.
This giveaway will begin on June 4, 2010, and ends on June 7, 2010 at 11:59 PM ET. You MUST leave a separate comment for each entry you wish to make. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winner will be chosen by random.org. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond. Once I have received a response from the winner’s the name of the winner will be posted here.
Looking for other ways to enter our giveaway?
1. If you are a member of the ThriftyMaven community then simply post the following comment: “I am a member of the ThriftyMaven community & I really want to WIN a copy of the book Slob Proof! Real-Life Home Decorating Solutions ” (You can enter this way once each day.)
2. Not a member yet? It’s easy to join. Simply sign up to receive our Maven Moments. I promise I won’t overwhelm you with emails. Let us know that you are now a member in the comment section.
3. Twitter about this giveaway. Simply Tweet “Enter to WIN a copy of Slob Proof! Real-Life Home Decorating Solutions from Slobproof! on ThriftyMaven.com. (You can enter this way EVERY DAY. Just let us know by submitting the link for your tweet.)
4. FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog. Come back and leave the link to your blog post. Post FIVE separate comments that you’ve blogged about this. (Let us know that you did that by posting the link to your blog. Make sure you do this five times so you can get five separate entries into our giveaway)
5. Not following us on Twitter? Why not change that and earn an entry in our giveaway. We will also follow you in return. Let us know that you are following us on Twitter and you have a new entry into our giveaway. (You can enter this way one time)
6. Add my button to your site and let me know that you did. (You can enter this way one time)
7. Finally why not become a fan? Head on over to Facebook and fan us at Facebook. Leave us a comment below to tell us you’ve joined us on Facebook. (You can enter this way one time.)
In keeping with the FCC rules I would like to inform you that I received no financial compensation for this post. The people at Slobproof have agreed to will also be supply a copy of the book Slob Proof! Real-Life Home Decorating Solutions for one of my readers. The opinions expressed in this post are my own.