When Dominos announced that they were changing the recipe for their base pizza products to include flavored crust, new cheese, and a new sauce, I wanted to find out what all the fuss was about. Could the NEW Dominos Pizza really be better?
To be honest, one bite was all it took for me to realize that Dominos has really shaken up their recipe. The first thing we noticed was that the sauce had the slightest bit of a red pepper kick. I am not one of those people who EVER puts red peppers on my pizza but maybe I’ve been wrong all these years because I really liked how it seemed to balance the sweet of the sauce. No bland cheese for this pizza. I really loved the 100% mozzarella cheese with that slight buttery taste that real provolone cheese has. They’ve even changed the crust which is reminiscent of those lovable garlic bread sticks.
Well here’s an update. It turns out I wasn’t the only one who noticed that Dominos NEW recipe actually does taste better. Domino’s new hand-tossed pizza just beat Papa John’s in a national taste test on pepperoni pizza, sausage pizza and extra-cheese pizza.
The victory resulted from an independent, blind taste test of nearly 1,800 random pizza consumers from eight U.S. markets. In head-to-head comparisons, participants picked each of the Domino’s pizzas as tasting better than both Papa John’s and Pizza Hut by a wide margin.
You don’t have to take my word for it. To celebrate this great news, we want to keep getting Domino’s new pizza into the hands of pizza-lovers around the country. The people at Dominos are going to give one of my lucky readers a $20 GC to find out how great the new Dominos pizza recipe tastes.
Would you like to win?
This giveaway will begin on February 8, 2010 and ends on February 15, 2010 at 11:59 PM ET. You MUST leave a separate comment for each entry you wish to make. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winner will be chosen by random.org. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond. Once I have received a response from the winner’s the name of the winner will be posted here
1. It’s simple to enter. Tell me what Dominos Pizza you would order if you won? That’s it. (You can enter this way one time but it is mandatory before entering any of the extra entries).
Looking for other ways to enter our giveaway?
1. If you are a member of the ThriftyMaven community then simply post the following comment: “I am a member of the ThriftyMaven community and I just LOVE Dominos Pizza.” (You can enter this way once.)
2. Not a member yet? It’s easy to join. Simply sign up to receive our Maven Moments. I promise I won’t overwhelm you with emails. Let us know that you are now a member in the comment section.
3. Twitter about this giveaway. Simply Tweet “Taste the pizza that won the taste test. Win a $20 Dominos GC on ThriftyMaven.com” (You can enter this way EVERY DAY. Just let us know by submitting the link for your tweet.)
4. Blog about this post. Be sure to include a link to this post. (Let us know that you did that by posting the link to your blog post five times so you can get five separate entries into our giveaway)
5. Not following us on Twitter? Why not change that and earn an entry in our giveaway. We will also follow you in return. Let us know that you are following us on Twitter and you have a new entry into our giveaway. (You can enter this way one time) Receive an extra entry for adding us to your list let us know you did this in the comment area below and you’ve earned another entry (You can enter this way one time.)
6. Finally fan us on Facebook. Leave us a comment below to tell us you’ve joined us on Facebook. (You can enter this way one time.)
Finally, I must post my mandatory Disclaimer to satisfy the new FCC laws. I received no monetary rewards for this post. Dominos is providing one of my readers the $20 GC.